Mechanical and Technical For mechanical and technical discussion


 
Old January 17th @ 10:47 pm   #21
 
Ive got one thing to say. Unless you need a dyno, DIY
Oh and synthetic rocks.

 
 
Old January 18th @ 12:08 am   #22
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfulf4i
nope it shoudl be done around the first600 miles then at 15k and then every 15k after thats why they when to shim under bucket style valves they require less maintance then the old screw and jam nut kind the screw and jam nut need more adjustment over the life of the bike in theory.
How often in do you replace shims in a bike?I mean, valves really need adjustment at 15K or is mainly for checking.
 
 
Old January 18th @ 12:28 am   #23
 
I like Racers Edge. The people in there are not only very nice, but fast, and have alwasy done inspections on other things for me while doing the oil change. If you dont mind doing it...working on your own bike is a great time to learn your machine, but if you chose a shop...Racers Edge is my favorite.
 
 
Old January 18th @ 08:12 am   #24
sinfulf4i
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbnito537
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfulf4i
nope it shoudl be done around the first600 miles then at 15k and then every 15k after thats why they when to shim under bucket style valves they require less maintance then the old screw and jam nut kind the screw and jam nut need more adjustment over the life of the bike in theory.
How often in do you replace shims in a bike?I mean, valves really need adjustment at 15K or is mainly for checking.

yeah its mainly for checking very rarely do you need to change shims they usally need a few shims at 600 miles is when the most changes in the engine happen everthing seats and breaks in then at 15k checking them again most bike require a few shims just from wear on the engine which is normal.
 
 
Old January 19th @ 12:43 pm   #25
 
Hey Dave says no synthetic in wet clutch. I changed my oil about 1000 miles ago and I had syn in, oil was nice and clean till I got back from LA, I averaged 128mph and made it in 2 hrs and 15 mins but my oil was not a pretty sight, there was half oil missing, litteraly and it was black black blaaack. We put regular oil in, I put on 220 miles so far and it's still looking clear like new.
Now another thing, I wanna take my bike on dyno and check the HP before I start doing stuff to it, like some "kickbutt" slip on dave found. I should open up some soup-up-spleecho's-bike-fund eh :) LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderdan
Ive got one thing to say. Unless you need a dyno,* * DIY* *
Oh and synthetic rocks.*
 
 
Old January 19th @ 01:18 pm   #26
sinfulf4i
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleecho
Hey Dave says no synthetic in wet clutch. I changed my oil about 1000 miles ago and I had syn in, oil was nice and clean till I got back from LA, I averaged 128mph and made it in 2 hrs and 15 mins but my oil was not a pretty sight, there was half oil missing, litteraly and it was black black blaaack. We put regular oil in, I put on 220 miles so far and it's still looking clear like new.
Now another thing, I wanna take my bike on dyno and check the HP before I start doing stuff to it, like some "kickbutt" slip on dave found. I should open up some soup-up-spleecho's-bike-fun eh :) LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderdan
Ive got one thing to say. Unless you need a dyno,* * DIY* *
Oh and synthetic rocks.*
actually sythetic will do the job but not in the early model oil cooled suzuki motors most of them dont like it they burn it and it makes the clutches sometimes slip.
 
 
Old January 27th @ 12:38 am   #27
 
I only payed 478 billion dollars to change my oil...found the cupon in the snip it book!
 
 
Old January 27th @ 07:56 pm   #28
 
No he charged me only $378.43 what are you talking about
 
 
Old January 29th @ 12:49 am   #29
 
 
 

Tags
change, oil



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil Change Road Block Mechanical and Technical 5 March 24th 10:42 am
Name change SynCitizen Lounge 5 November 16th 03:52 am
Oil Change millertimelv Mechanical and Technical 12 August 26th 01:36 pm


Sin City Sportbikes

About Sin City Sportbikes

Sin City Sportbikes is the premier motorcycle community for the Las Vegas, Nevada region and welcomes all motorcycle riders to joing our community, rides, and gatherings. We all share a passion of motorcycles, whether it be riding on the street, track, or dirt, and all experience levels are welcome.

Read More

 

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.